ACL's in NT

Justin D Davis justindd at iastate.edu
Mon Oct 15 07:55:04 GMT 2001

I use samba for my PDC.  I remember some time ago having it such that when
I attempted to add permissions to something on my local NT system, ie a
share, that I could add, and a list of users would appear given from the
server.  Thinking back on it, that was true back when I had samba
2.0.7.  It seems that this has not worked since then.  If I just look at
the security for a folder/file on the local drive, no problems.  I just
can't add anything.

I also notice that there seems to be something wrong with the configure
script that might cause this.  When I run configure --with-acl-support it
gives "checking to use acl...no" and a bunch of other ACL no
messages.  Unless I am somehow missing some files or system calls?

This is on the SAME system as was used previously with 2.0.7.  I do know
that I was using 2.0.7 from RedHat's CD and not from the samba site.

Please reply directly, as I am not subscribed to the list anymore.  This is
happening with 2.2.2 and 2.2.1a.  I can't confirm that stuff works right if
I go back to 2.0.7 however, because I run Win2k SP2 now which will not work
with anything less than 2.2.1