2.2.2 tdb code broken for HP-UX?

Michael Steffens michael_steffens at hp.com
Mon Oct 15 03:43:04 GMT 2001

Hi,

I'm currently testing Samba 2.2.2 on HP-UX 11.00, and unfortunately
got into trouble with the latest 2_2 CVS release (as of yesterday,
but there seem to be no changes since then).

Configure and compilation went fine. I removed all *.tdb files from
previous versions, successfully joined an existing NT 4.0 domain,
and finally launched smbd and nmbd. But no domain logons were possible
and log.smbd complained:

 [2001/10/14 17:30:12, 0] smbd/connection.c:(62)
   yield_connection: tdb_delete for name  failed with error Record does not exist.

Searching for related previous list articles I found the thread

 tdb corruption with "use mmap=false"

from last month, where Jeremy Allison reported that tdb code fixes for a
similar problem have been introduced in 2.2.2 and HEAD. However, IIRC there
have been some updates on the tdb code recently. Is it possible that the
fixes have been reverted?

Thanks!
Michael