need help to get Samba working..

Vannak Rath vannak at home.com
Sun Oct 14 16:43:02 GMT 2001

First of all I'm new to Linux or Unix.  However I have tried to follow the different instructions that I have found on different web sites for some advices on how to make my Win2KAS machine seeing the Red Hat Linux 7.1's HD  I can't ever figure out how to do it.  I have searched the net for at least 10 different technical advices and still no luck.

What am I doing wrong?  I know first of all I don't have the file (samba.conf) that I need to send it to you.  That's the worst part b/c I have formatted my Red Hat Linux 7.1 system already.  Could someone out there give me a sample of how the Samba configuration should work on both the Windows 2000 Advance Server and especially on the Red Hat Linux 7.1 configuration?

I was able to configure my Linux to access the HP Printer 4M on my Win2K AS machine and the TCP/IP working on the internet.  Please help. I have been spending so many hours working on this monster "Samba" to make my NT machine to see the RH's Drive.

Thanks a million in advance.

Vannak