What happend to 2.2.2

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
Fri Oct 12 12:50:04 GMT 2001

On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, Jean Francois Micouleau wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, Oktay Akbal wrote:
>
> > > no direct link but storing the profile inside the user's home directory is
> > > a mistake. NT4 tries to read that directory after you have unlogged.
> >
> > I read about this several times. But if this does not work, why is this
> > the default parameter as written in the smb.conf manpage ?
>
> because the manpage is outdated.
>
> Jerry-the-man-behind-the-docs could you update it ?

Well to be truthful, the docs are correct as shown by
this snippet of param/loadparm.c:

	string_set(&Globals.szLogonPath, "\\\\%N\\%U\\profile");

Probably better to say it does work but can be problematic.

cheers, jerry
 www.samba.org              SAMBA Team              jerry_at_samba.org
 www.plainjoe.org                                jerry_at_plainjoe.org