print command and %u

Claudia Moroder claudiamoroder at st-ulrich.suedtirol.net
Fri Oct 12 05:56:09 GMT 2001

Hello,

is there a reason %u can not be used as parameter in print command ?

I would like to have a printer that takes in input postscript files and send
the converted .pdf files via e-mail to the user.

Actualy I write a file in a common directory with this script

fnam=`grep "%%Title" /usr/spool/smb/$1 | awk -F ': ' '{ print $2}' | awk -F
'.do
c' '{print $1}' | tr -d [:blank:] | tr -d '\r'`
fnamlen=`echo $fnam | wc -l`

if [ $fnamlen -ne 1 ]; then
    fnam=`date +%%d-%b-%H_%M_%S`
fi

ps2pdf /usr/spool/smb/$1 /data01/abteilungen/allgemein/pdf/$fnam.pdf
rm /usr/spool/smb/$1

but because there is no way to pass the username anyone can access this
file.

Bye

Andreas Moroder