NTLMSSP working with freedce

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba-tng.org
Fri Oct 12 00:50:13 GMT 2001

On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 09:18:52PM +0200, Rafal Szczesniak wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>
> > ole!  i have client and server sign/seal in freedce :)
>
> So it's ready, placed in freedce and I can check it out, right ?
> :)

naah, don't be silly :)

only if your password is "test".

but seriously, i want to put this into a library:
if you'd like to help with that i'd be most grateful.

now comes stage N+1.

which is to write a proper NamedPipe emulation layer
in freedce, which involves:

- wrapping the BSD socket code with special setup
and shutdown functions.

the setup must create credentials associated with the
session that are read as the very first thing from the
NamedPipe emulation layer.

the shutdown must delete the unix domain socket file,
on server only.

- rewriting check_domain_security() and domain_client_validate()
to FreeDCE standards.

and that one alone is two to three months' down the line
because it's dependent on NETLOGON, samr AND lsarpc client
_and_ server-side.

luke