What happend to 2.2.2

Toomas Soome tsoome at ut.ee
Thu Oct 11 14:50:06 GMT 2001

On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 11:27:50PM +0200, Toomas Soome wrote:
>
> > also, will your w2k reuse your profile copy, left in w2k after logout?
> > or will it removed if polcy is set up to remove it?
>
> I didn't set up the policy to remove it, so I guess it does reuse the
> copy. It does correctly update the server copy on logout though.
>
> > I was hit with these two problems as well... and I have reported into
> > samba-technical list:)
>
> Can you precisely describe the problem above...

I set my profile path to be loaded from login server, and so w2k stopped
complaining about profile.

however, with each new login w2k created new profile in \documents and
settings, like:
tsoome
tsoome.DOMAIN
tsoome.DOMAIN.001

also, we do have policy for NT4 to remove profile after logon. w2k will
not remove it. then I created local group policy in w2k with mmc to force
w2k to remove profile --- no help.

it could be, some files in profile are blocking profile removal... anyway,
nt4 hosts are working ok with my profile....

toomas
--
A Smith & Wesson beats four aces.