Locking Problems with samba2.2.1a

LI,YING (HP-Cupertino,ex1) ying_li2 at hp.com
Thu Oct 11 14:19:01 GMT 2001

Hi All,

I have a byte range locking problem on samba2.2.1a, that is maintains
locking consistency among UNIX, Samba and Windows.

According to my experiment on HP-UX, a Windows application couldn't detect
the file byte range locks created by a UNIX local application in samba share
directory. Similarly Samba (smbstatus) couldn't discover the byte range
locks generated from UNIX local process if that file is in a samba share
directory. Actually we expect Windows application would be aware of any file
byte range locks in share directory, regardless of Samba locks or UNIX
locks.

Anybody could tell me whether Samba supports locking consistency, or what
configuration serves it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ying Lee