What happend to 2.2.2

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Oct 11 10:53:06 GMT 2001

On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 08:53:19AM -0500, Esh, Andrew wrote:
> I think we should be prepared to wait for a while for 2.2.2, even after the
> winbindd memory leak fixes are checked in. The amount of code being changed
> is significant, so there are bound to be some bugs and side effects. I
> period of testing is needed before we can be sure the new code isn't causing
> serious problems.
>
> I am heavily focused on winbindd memory leaks, from a testing standpoint, so
> I will provide feedback as soon as I can.

We're going to ship with the winbind leaks in 2.2.2 and a note
explaining this. The main nmbd/smbd are more stable in 2.2.2,
and it would be better to get people moved onto them asap.

We will release a 2.2.3 with a fixed winbindd once all the
memory leaks have been adressed (probably within several
weeks to a month).

Jeremy