What happend to 2.2.2

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Thu Oct 11 04:48:02 GMT 2001

Jeremy Allison wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 10:04:45AM +0200, Johannes Tyve wrote:
> > Wasn't the 2.2.2 version about to be released in the beginning of this
> > month?
>
> Probably :-(. I'm finishing up testing now. New showstoppers
> notwithstanding, it should be within a few days.
>
> Jeremy.

Showstopper you say?

The long password issue is still unresolved (just confirmed).  Note that
it does not occur with smbclient, only with NT4 and Win2k.  Trucating
passwords (on the client) appears to solve the problem on my test system
(NT4), but the original reports also indiated that Win9X was
unaffected.  My test results were idenitical for both LM and NT hashes
from NT (tested by nullifying the NT password in smbpasswd).

My issue is only for session setups, I havn't tested and don't use
domain logons at my site (hawkerc.net).

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Samba Team member, Build Farm maintainer        abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net