Shared Memory

ANELLOT at Nationwide.com ANELLOT at Nationwide.com
Wed Oct 10 08:23:05 GMT 2001

Can someone tell me what the difference is between 2.0.9 and 2.2.1a in
regards to shared memory? I am running out of shared memory on my sun. I
have about 130 users and when that number increases I get very low on
shared memory in samba or samba crashes. I have seen numerous comments
about having to compile this feature into samba 2.0.x but I have not seen a
configure option for it. Everytime I try to change memory settings they
never take, it just stays at 1 meg. So I installed the latest samba release
and it doesn't even make any mention of shared memory when I do a
smbstatus. Is it now dynamic? How do I tell how samba is doing with memory
now?

Thanks for your time,
Todd