compile warnings/errors

Orwig, Paul PORWIG at PacificLife.com
Mon Oct 8 15:32:02 GMT 2001

Similar to Steve Kennedy's message on 9/28, I am seeing inavlid pointer type
warnings and the following error when compiling Samba 2.2.1 from CVS
sources. I am trying to compile on HPUX 11 with gcc 3.0.1.
Particularly frustrating is the libnss_windbind.so linker error "shared
library must be position independent."

Any guidance on this would be appreciated.

Paul Orwig
Pacific Life Annuities

Compiling nsswitch/wb_common.c with -fpic
Linking nsswitch/pam_winbind.so
Compiling nsswitch/winbind_nss.c with -fpic
Linking nsswitch/libnss_winbind.so
/usr/bin/ld: DP relative code in file /var/tmp/ccKI1Oya.o - shared library
must be position
    independent.  Use +z or +Z to recompile.
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.