Configuring Samba through LDAP

Manish Madan MMadan at novell.com
Sun Oct 7 20:27:02 GMT 2001

Hello,
       I am trying to enable samba configuration through an LDAP directory rather than from the local smb.conf file. The changes are almost done, and I am testing all the functions right now (Unit Testing). Having Samba configure through LDAP means a Network Administrator can handle configuration through a single node. Also, many machines may share the same configuration without having to copy a file at each node. Or share configurations partially (the 'include' option still works, so machines can load part of the parameters from local file).
     Please tell me if there are specific features/issues with regard to this. I'd be glad to make appropriate changes or make desirable features available, according to your feedback.

Thanks
Manish