Retraction: Memory leak patch

Tim Potter tpot at samba.org
Fri Oct 5 14:44:02 GMT 2001

Esh, Andrew writes:

> The patch I submitted earlier today causes segfaults. Do not use it.

At a guess this is probably because tallocated memory is being
referenced after the talloc context has been freed.  Currently in
winbind there is no clear policy concerning the lifetime of
talloc contexts which is the cause of the memory leaks in the
first place.

The rewrite of this code should fix it.  Step #1 is to hide all
the connection making and breaking behind a connection manager
object.  Step #2 is to modify the connection manager so that each
RPC call starts with a new talloc context, the required data is
copied out and the talloc context disposed.

I'm about 85% of the way through step #1 at the moment.

Tim.