How to get to latest ACLs code.

Alexander Bokovoy a.bokovoy at sam-solutions.net
Wed Oct 3 04:16:01 GMT 2001

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 01:58:01PM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 02:05:31PM -0700, P Ranjit Kumar wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > >From the CIFS conference ACLs presentation by Jeremy, I came to know that
> > Samba is going to maintain a separate database for ACLs. The presentation
> > slides also say that the code has been developed for such design.
> >
> > I would like to know where to get the source which stores ACLs in a separate
> > TDB and does the access checks and stuff.
>
> Well me too :-). It's your (HP) NAS group who has that code, they haven't
> released it to us (the Samba Team) yet. Somewhere within HP, there lives
> the code you want..... (BTW: it's a bit ludicrous that *I'm* telling you
:) How Samba ACLs in this approach will communicate with underlying file
system? I don't need technical details, just design notes. Would it will
make Samba ACLs invisible for other applications?

If so, then even scripts which Samba runs in some cases like logon/password
change and so on will successfully pass through these ACLs...

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
$ cat /proc/identity >~/.signature