Make libsmbclient more fail-safe

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri Nov 30 10:44:05 GMT 2001

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 08:02:37AM -0500, David Collier-Brown wrote:
> Jeremy Allison wrote:
> > To give you an idea, tridge was very happy when I removed
> > the re-connection code as, in his words, it was "pointless".
>
> 	Is it reasonable to have as a library function,
> 	for an application to call?

But what would it do, other than just re-connecting the
cli struct (and that's trivial to do, cli_chutdown, followed
by cli_initialise and cli_connect) ?

The library has *NO INFORMANTION* on what the app has
open, and doesn't keep any.

It's like requesting an ftp library module to re-connect
to a server under the covers and re-transfer any files that
were in process. It doesn't make much sense.

It's an APPLICATION problem, not a library one.

Jeremy.