Make libsmbclient more fail-safe

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Nov 29 12:13:59 GMT 2001

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 08:59:50PM +0100, Tom Jansen wrote:

> Ehm, I think there is a little misunderstanding here. The callback should not go
> into the app. but into the libsmbclient.c code. It would have been called on a
> connection failure in cli_[send|receive]_smb()

But that's pointless then. libsmb doesn't know how to recover the
resources. The calling app is the only one that can make that
policy decision.

> And on the other hand, if my patch would not make it into the Samba tree, it
> would be no problem, I'm having fun coding it and looking into the bowels of
> Samba client functions :-)

To give you an idea, tridge was very happy when I removed
the re-connection code as, in his words, it was "pointless".

I don't think such a patch would be accepted to be honest.

Jeremy.