lsa policy handle

Tim Potter tpot at samba.org
Wed Nov 28 23:01:10 GMT 2001

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 07:42:12AM +0100, Rafal Szczesniak wrote:

> > I don't think any attention is paid to the value of des_access.  The
> > TNG guys were doing something useful here a few weeks ago.
>
> So, it's another one thing that should be done, I guess. The current
> solution is to open the policy regardless of des_access. Just note
> down the connection and create policy handle.

Yes.  The discussion on tng had something to do with different objects
having different permissions on them so you could achieve finer
grained access to resources on a NT system.  I'm not sure how this
usefully translates to Samba.  I guess if it was necessary for
basic interoperability then someone would have coded it up by now.

> > Did you see this comment in rpc_server/srv_lsa_nt.c?
> >
> > 	/* lkclXXXX having decoded it, ignore all fields in the open
> > 	 * policy! */
>
> yes. I saw it. Was wondering who put it ? ;-)

That's Luke's username.

Tim.