AW: Samba 2.2.2 oplock problem

Andreas Moroder andreas.moroder at sb-brixen.it
Wed Nov 28 04:41:08 GMT 2001

Hello Jeremy,

this explains many things.
Few days ago I maed a post with the title "strange message in log file and
files automaticaly closed".
We had a application ( Clipper / DOS ) that did hang and I found a message
from the pam_auth in the logs.
Probably smbd was killed because of this contention problem and windows did
reconnect so we did get the pam message ( because we use plaintext ( argh )
password ).

two minutes later

I did now grep the logs and did find many panic messages in different logs,
but all concentrated on two times. All this PC try to use the same database
file.

This panics was all from 26.11. The night from 26 to 27 we installed a new
version and the last two days I got no panic.

I will try the latest cvs as soon as possible.

Thanks

Andreas