winbind + Win95 logon scripts

Mon Nov 26 10:00:04 GMT 2001

Hi!

Here I have some strange Win95 behaviour. I have samba/winbind running,
and Win95 workstations logging into a native NT4 domain. When running
a Kix32 logon script I try to map shares from my winbind samba server.
This fails because Win95 does not properly send the domain field in the
session setup. When I try to connect later, be it from explorer, be it
by 'net use', it works perfectly fine, only during logon script time
it fails. My workaround is a username map:

DOMAIN+usera = usera
DOMAIN+userb = userb

and so on. This is a hack. Is there a proper fix for this?

Volker