Resend - with PINE

sunny at disksites.com sunny at disksites.com
Sun Nov 25 01:28:02 GMT 2001

Thanks again,

I understand the need for periodic garbage collection. However, it's not
so clear why this garbage collection is done on each new client
connecting.

Why not (1) do the traversal on startup (before accept()ing any
connection), as well as periodically with a special garbage collection
process? Wouldn't it be more robust?

  Sunny