strange message in log file and files automaticaly closed

Andreas Moroder andreas.moroder at sb-brixen.it
Thu Nov 22 06:49:38 GMT 2001

Hello Andrew,

> As to the every x mins, that might have somthing to do with idle
> timeouts, but that shouldn't happen.

It simply happens. In one case if was there while it happened and smbstatus -b
did not show this user at all, even if the application was running few seconds
before . Does samba not detect that files are open if they are opened by a dos
app ? ( I don't think there is any valid reason for this assumption ).

The strange thing is also that it did not happen while I was logged in. I am a
root user.

Andreas