Samba 2.2.2 as PDC and groups don't work

Tobias Burnus tobias.burnus at physik.fu-berlin.de
Thu Nov 22 05:21:05 GMT 2001

Hi

we use Samba 2.2.2 and have discovered that we don't get the group
information correctly. The primary group is ok (tells the usermanager)
but the user is only in the group "users". All unix-groups appear to be
present (but empty; this might actually a security feature).

It definitly worked with Samba post-2.2.1a (CVS-2001-06-28; and W2k/DE).
We tried it on Windows 2001 (German) and Windows XP (German) with several
accounts (also with the root account needed to for adding Win2k to a
domain) but it doesn't work

The server runs Tru64 Unix.

I didn't find something odd in the logs, but I don't know for what I need
to look for.

With warm regards and thanks for any pointer,

Tobias