Disk full message with non full disk ( production server )

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed Nov 21 02:13:08 GMT 2001

On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 08:36:49AM +0100, Andreas Moroder wrote:
> Hello,
>
> last week I did update to the cvs version after Jeremy solved the oplock bug
> while using dos apps.
> Since them we have the following problem:
>
> We have users that open a excel file. When they want to save the file they get
> the error "Disk Full" from Excel, but there is space on the disk.
> It happens not to all the users.
>
> I have a level 10 log file I posted yesteday, but the list-manager did not
> accept my posting because it was too big ( 155 KB ).

I have changed code that might cause this to occurr. I'd like to
see a level 10 log from a user getting this error (with the logs
split up by client machine of course). The allocation code has
been changed, but unless you're using 'strict allocate' in your
smb.conf you shouldn't see this....

Thanks,

	Jeremy.