2.2.1a rpm packages are "broken"

Kevin Long KLong at southlandInd.com
Tue Nov 20 14:47:05 GMT 2001

I made the assumption that the 2.2.1a rpm packages for RedHat 7.0 were ok to
use, but it broke all my roaming profiles. I ended up building 2.2.2 from
source (which went just fine). If 2.2.1a just plain doesn't work with W2K
SP2 roaming profiles, you might want to remove it from the binaries download
section. On a related note, is there a retroactive "fix" for profile
directories, preferably scriptable, that allows you to correctly set the
file modes and permissions so that they are garuanteed to work?

Kevin Long.