CVS update: samba/testsuite/build_farm

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Wed Nov 14 04:40:02 GMT 2001

On 14 Nov 2001, Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at pcug.org.au> wrote:

> Given that the -s isn't as well implemented as we would like, why don't
> we just allow a SMB_LP_PATH environment variable?  This might also
> assist those doing libsmb client installations without the root privs to
> make $prefix/smb.conf.

It's not just the smb.conf -- there are also codepage files and other
things.  Hopefully they can all be specified by smb.conf, but I have
to check that is consistently implemented.

I'm not sure whether this should be passed by environment variables or
by command-line arguments.  Either would work and have historical
precedent.

--
Martin