SWAT [was Re: Deleting parameters.]

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
Tue Nov 13 06:04:03 GMT 2001

On 13 Nov 2001, Mike Gerdts wrote:

> AFAIK the PAM specification only specifies the API (including
> behavior) and does not specify file locations.  On Solaris, all PAM
> configuration is done in one file /etc/pam.conf.  See
> http://docs.sun.com/ab2/coll.40.6/REFMAN4/%40Ab2PageView/34940 for
> details.

Yeah, this is one of the problems though.  Linux-PAM does it either way,
Solaris uses one file, etc...  PAM does really intend for the application
to know about the configuration file.  The application should just specify
a service name (e.g. "samba" or "swat"), so my original suggestion won't
work.

cheers, jerry
 www.samba.org              SAMBA  Team             jerry_at_samba.org
 www.plainjoe.org                                jerry_at_plainjoe.org