Removal of plaintext krb5 support.

Luke Howard lukeh at PADL.COM
Mon Nov 12 17:38:02 GMT 2001

>Keeping in mind, as A.B. pointed out, that not all of the supported
>platforms can run PAM.
>
>What work-around exists for non-PAM systems?

You can always compile Linux-PAM on those systems. Granted, that's
not as easy as it sounds, but certainly it's easier than it used
to be now that autoconf is supported.

I suppose the point I'm trying to make that it's not often
worth building parallel infrastructures (to PAM, GSS-API, etc)
to support a small subset of possible configurations when it's
probably simpler and more useful to find a way to get the
canonical version to work in that configuration (eg porting
Linux-PAM to an OS that doesn't support PAM).

Anyway, I'm ranting...

-- Luke

--
Luke Howard | lukehoward.com