SWAT [was Re: Deleting parameters.]

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
Mon Nov 12 14:26:02 GMT 2001

On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> PAM doesn't work like that...  (Which is why we have 'obey pam
> restrictions' and the like.  PAM is (apparently) misconfigured on a
> lot of boxes, and the 'black box' interface to it doesn't make it
> paritcularly clear what bit failed, the user's login or the system
> itself.

What I meant was to stat() "swat" first, and if it does
not exist (before calling pam_start()), then use "samba".
Oh wait, we don't know about the exact location of the config
files do we?  Doh!

cheers, jerry
 www.samba.org              SAMBA  Team             jerry_at_samba.org
 www.plainjoe.org                                jerry_at_plainjoe.org