Auto-upgrade [Was: Deleting parameters.]

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at samba.org
Mon Nov 12 09:36:35 GMT 2001

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

>On Mon, 12 Nov 2001, MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) wrote:
>
>> I would certainly be more comfortable writing in Perl as well,
>> however there are some issues from a standpoint of the
>> standardization
>
>The path to perl can be a configure option.

I think it's not good to write such a tool with perl.
perl is not a standard UNIX command.
Some platform does not have perl (or have older version of perl).

As you say, there are some version and some path to be installed, and
even if these problems were solved, there are still some platforms
without perl.

-----
TAKAHASHI, Motonobu(monyo)         monyo at samba.org

Samba Team - http://samba.org/     Samba-JP - http://www.samba.gr.jp/