SWAT [was Re: Deleting parameters.]

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
Mon Nov 12 07:36:03 GMT 2001

On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> If sombody codes it in time for 3.0...
>
> I'll provide the infrustructure, but I can't say its a priority,
> particularly given the viable alternitive (and proven) PAM-based method.
>
> In any case, I'll wait until the new kerberos code is bedded down, so
> I have somthing to build on.  We will probably loose the ablity to
> authenticate SWAT from it, due to linking madness.

That's fair.   Hmm...hadn't considered swat.

btw...currently I believe that all the PAM authentication details
are hidden from SWAT.  This means that smbd and swat use the same
/etc/pam.d/samba PAM config file.  Anyone else think swat should have
it's own config file (i.e. /etc/pam.d/swat)?

cheers, jerry
 www.samba.org              SAMBA  Team             jerry_at_samba.org
 www.plainjoe.org                                jerry_at_plainjoe.org
 http://www.hp.com        Hewlett-Packard