Auto-upgrade [Was: Deleting parameters.]

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Mon Nov 12 06:12:24 GMT 2001

"Gerald (Jerry) Carter" wrote:
> Right.  And i understood what you were getting at.  The problem
> here is that we cannot rely on RPM to solve our problem
> because then the migration path break when you use Solaris
> (which I hear a few people still do :) )

	That's ok: Solaris has postinstall scripts, too (;-))

	Seriously, though, such a script is trivial in awk
	or perl, and can also be applied
	- from the comamnnd line
	- on swat startup

	I'm naturally awkward, so I'll volunteer.

--dave
Americas Customer Engineering, | some people and astonish the rest.
SunPS Integration Services.    |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | davecb at canada.sun.com