Deleting parameters.

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
Sun Nov 11 18:20:02 GMT 2001

On Sun, 11 Nov 2001, Vance Lankhaar wrote:

> Correct me if I'm wrong, but backward compatibility gave us the
> monster known as Windows 95. Sure, it was compatible with loads of old
> stuff, but was it stable?

Bad argument.  Sorry.  Start changing parameters all the time
and you will see Samba adoption slow to a crawl (or see people
refuse to upgrade even in the case of a security hole).

I'm not fan of Windows 9x, but the same argument does
really apply in the case.

more thoughts later tonight :-)

cheers, jerry
 www.samba.org              SAMBA  Team             jerry_at_samba.org