Changing security parameters

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Sat Nov 10 10:48:02 GMT 2001

Andrew,

	I've been thinking about the security parameters
change and I don't think we can remove the "security = "
parameter, we need to support it in legacy mode.

The way we'd do this is to allow it in smb.conf, and
then translate it internally to a setting of the new
parameters that has exactly the same effect as it
does now.

I'm sure Dave CB will agree with me, so many people are
familiar with the "security=" stuff that we can't just
remove support for it, but must allow it's use into the
forseable future as a legacy option.

If they also set the new parameters we log it as a
"conflicting parameters" error and refuse to run :-).

Jeremy.