100% cpu utilization of Solaris x86

Mike Gerdts Michael.Gerdts at usa.alcatel.com
Fri Nov 9 05:10:03 GMT 2001

On Thu, 2001-11-08 at 14:41, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> I need a level 10 log from one client connecting to one server, where
> the smbd eventually aborts with a "logic error". There must be something
> in the core smbd logic that can get one client to make mistakes in it's
> own oplock records in order to get one of these messages, I just can't
> see it from code study. Running with seperate logs per client is what's
> needed. If you can find an application or client that can reliably
> reproduce this, then run that smbd at level 10 from connection to
> exit.

As I have tried to debug problems in the past, I have needed exactly
this... one "client" per log file, where my client was really a session
on a Citrix server.  Perhaps it would be useful to assign each user on
share on each machine a unique session ID.  This session ID would be
added to the first line of each log message and a grep-alike command
could be used to extract a session from an interlaced log file.

At my site, this is particularly important because the people that use
unix file space the most are unix users that only have access to windows
through Citrix.  When a citrix server has more than 50 people on it and
one of them is complaining of a problem, the current log files make it
nearly impossible to figure out which log entries pertain to which
individuals.

Mike