100% cpu utilization of Solaris x86

Neil Hoggarth neil.hoggarth at physiol.ox.ac.uk
Thu Nov 8 10:16:09 GMT 2001

On Thu, 8 Nov 2001, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> If that's the case I *DESPARATELY* need a full level 10 debug from
> startup to "logic error" from you.

Is tracing individual smbds (logging by seperately by pid, or netbios
name of client, or whatever) going to be any use, or are you looking for
one monolithic log.smbd file covering all activites of all clients?

This server has in excess of 100 active clients at any one time on a
typical day; to be honest I don't know whether I can cope with the
performance hit (or the shear amount of bytes!) that running with log
level=10 for any prolonged period will produce. I'm keen to help if I
can, though.

What are your prefered logging options (the smb.conf globals "debug
<whatever> = {yes|no}" and similar parameters)?

I'm not going to be in the office Friday or Monday, but I'll pick this
issue up next week and see what I can do.

Regards,
--
Neil Hoggarth                                 Departmental Computer Officer
<neil.hoggarth at physiol.ox.ac.uk>                   Laboratory of Physiology