Samba network recycle bin (fwd)

Simo Sorce idra at samba.org
Thu Nov 8 10:00:08 GMT 2001

On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 10:40:54AM -0600, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Tristan Ball wrote:
>
> > The recycle bin appears to have a flat namespace. This is likely to
> > cause a glut of files, and way to many name conflicts. I believe the
> > code would have to recreate the original directory structure inside
> > the recycle bin, and also rename files when conflicts occur.
>
> Good points.

this is true also for Ms loacl recycle bin if i recall correctly,
do they have some sort of info connected to evry file in the recycle bin?
if not how do they restore the file in the correct dir?
(it has been a lot since I used any kind of recycle bin, so if I'm saying something stupid, just ignore me)

Simo Sorce       idra at samba.org