Is there interst in ssl these days?

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at samba.org
Thu Nov 8 08:13:44 GMT 2001

David Collier-Brown wrote:
> is there a chance that the --with-ssl option will
> be retired?

I agree, I think --with-ssl option can be retired.

Rafal Szczesniak wrote:
>I think it should stay there, especially because of code change to
>support OpenSSL. If you don't ./configure it, the code doesn't even
>get compiled. At the moment it looks only like the matter of source
>tarball's size.

To support unused parameters waste time, if ssl options are still
left, we can evidently state that these options are obsoleted if we
will not maintain these codes no longer.

-----
TAKAHASHI, Motonobu(monyo)         monyo at samba.org

Samba Team - http://samba.org/     Samba-JP - http://www.samba.gr.jp/
JWNTUG - http://www.jwntug.or.jp/  Analog-JP - http://www.jp.analog.cx/