WinXP and Samba 2.2.2 problem

Jay Ts jay at toltec.metran.cx
Wed Nov 7 15:11:05 GMT 2001

> > > followed by a connection to \MAILSLOT\NET\NETLOGON.
> >
> > This, we assume, is what you've set up in smb.conf as your netlogon
> > share?
>
> Ah, sorry, it isn't even getting that far...

You are supposed to have a netlogon share in order for logons to work.

> > As I posted a bit earlier, I've seen an XP system
> > "go bad" and require the RequireSignOrSeal registry setting
> > be modified in order for it to continue to find the PDC.
>
> GAH! :)

Um, well yeah. :)

> Hmm. I wonder if writing some software to compare the two registries of the
> machine would be useful...

I was just thinking earlier today that it would be very useful to
be able to do that.  I would venture a guess that there is software
that does that, and maybe freeware or shareware.  A quick search
at winfiles.com might turn up something.

- Jay Ts
jayts at iname.com