Using spinlocks on Solaris 8 x86

Joe Meslovich joe at bridgewater.edu
Wed Nov 7 06:59:05 GMT 2001

	I would like to try using spinlocks instead of fcntl locks on my
Solaris 8 x86 system. When I configured --with-spinlocks and did a make I
got the following error:

Linking bin/smbd
nanosleep                           tdb/spinlock.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to bin/smbd
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `bin/smbd'

	When I look at the code I think that the nanosleep call is a Linux
dependent call, and not part of Solaris. Is this the side effect of having
to use #define INTEL_SPINLOCKS 1 on a Solaris system?

	Is it even possible for me to run spinlocks on a Solaris X86
system?

							Thanks,

							Joe Meslovich

Joe Meslovich						joe at bridgewater.edu
Associate Network/Systems Engineer	                College Box 499
Tel: (540) 828 - 5343