SMB protocol help

Christopher R. Hertel crh at nts.umn.edu
Tue Nov 6 15:18:01 GMT 2001

> Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at pcug.org.au> writes:
>
> > I suppose I was asking:  Would the Win2k machine be attempting an
> > anonymous connection to the HEAD smbd under normal circmstances?  Would
> > this connection failing cause this kind of behaviour?
>
> There is no smbd running.  I'm using ONLY the command-line tools right
> now, for browsing the network from the Linux box.

Right, but I think Andrew was talking about a more general case.

In this case, the example you gave did *not* make an anonymous connection
to the LMB.  You used the Administrator account.  Try "guest" or just
leave it blank.

In any case, if there is a bug talking to W2K from smbd in HEAD then this
same problem could impact the situtation you're describing.

Chris -)-----