SAM question

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Tue Nov 6 07:29:03 GMT 2001

> "Esh, Andrew" wrote:
> What I want to know is: Is the direction of Samba/Unix development
> headed toward using LDAP as the central user name service? Should I
> be trying to support LDAP, and not be worrying about how to get
> winbind to work as a distributed system?

	They're two different streams at the technical
	level: I wouldn't so much worry about which
	the Samba team is headed toward as I'd want to
	know if LDAP development is continuing
	in parallel.

	As always, volunteers' interests vary, and
	progress is bursty (;-))

--dave
Americas Customer Engineering, | some people and astonish the rest.
SunPS Integration Services.    |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | davecb at canada.sun.com