Samba faster than Windows 2000 on identical hardware.

Sean Elble S_Elble at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 5 19:41:03 GMT 2001

The most interesting part of that test (in the magazine anyway . . .
cancelled my subsciption :-)) is that they _insisted_ on turning oplocks off
on Samba for one test, and leaving them on Windows 2000, just to see if they
could get their "favorite product" to win the competition . . . uh, no. :-)
In all honesty, that magazine has to be the most biased magazine towards
Windows that I have ever read in my life . . . when a product like Samba
wins against Windows 2000 in PC Magazine, I'm pretty damn impressed. Great
job Samba team!

Sean P. Elble
Editor, Writer, Co-Webmaster
ReactiveLinux.com (Formerly MaximumLinux.org)
http://www.reactivelinux.com/
elbles at reactivelinux.com