Samba faster than Windows 2000 on identical hardware

Jim McDonough jmcd at us.ibm.com
Mon Nov 5 14:18:02 GMT 2001

Jeremy Allison wrote:
> PPS. I wonder if any of the Samba vendors might like to
>reproduce these results :-) :-)
Well, we won't do exactly that, but we'll show you the numbers we've been
getting on Samba.  It scales very well across SMP machines...got up to 287
Mbps on a uniprocessor, with 812 Mbps on a 4-way with the same Netbench
setup.  The info on how the setup was tuned is in there, in case anyone
else wants to try.

http://lse.sf.net/benchmarks/netbench

Along these lines, does anyone know if Anton's sendfile() patch made it in?
It was part of these tests...

----------------------------
Jim McDonough
IBM Linux Technology Center