Win2K Errors using samba 2.2.2

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Nov 1 16:00:03 GMT 2001

On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 01:27:41PM -0800, Mitch McNeel wrote:
> Jeremy,
>
> To answer your questions, Yes we can reproduce this. No we didn't get a panic action.
>
> I've been watching the list recently and found a thread "Oplock logic bug in samba 2.2.2".  From this
> thread it appears that version 2.0.6 does not have the 2.2.x oplock issues.  If this is so, could we down
> grade to 2.0.6 until a fix is found for 2.2.x? If we down grade to 2.0.6, what would we be losing in
> functionality?
>
> Also, you mentioned that level 10 debug data would be useful to you.  We can get such data, if it would
> help you.

Absolutely !

If you can get be a debug level 10 from start of smbd to panic end
where smbd panics with a message such as :

PANIC : breaking our own oplock requested for dev = 2bc70a4, inode = 341898, file_id = 24485 and no fsp found

Then I'm forever in your debt. I *REALLY* need to see this log.

Thanks,

	Jeremy.