Any suggestions on getting WinXP final installed under VMware 2.0?

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
Thu Nov 1 06:47:22 GMT 2001

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, Rafal Szczesniak wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> >
> > > Oohhh....This looks promising :-)  Thanks Albert :)
> >
> > So far so good.  I think this one is going to work. :-)
> >
> > For reference sake, I'm using VMware-2.0.4 build 1295
> > with the applied module patches (using a 2.4.9+acl kernel)
>
> btw, how much of a memory do you need to run guest WinXP ?

I've got 512Mb in my desktop.  96Mb allocated for the XP
vmware session.  Haven't experiemented with that number alot
obviously.  I figure if Win2k needs at least 64Mb, my formula
of adding 32Mb per new release should be about right :)

cheers, jerry
 www.samba.org              SAMBA Team              jerry_at_samba.org
 www.plainjoe.org                                jerry_at_plainjoe.org