Samba 2.2.0 locking problem (long)

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Thu May 31 11:55:14 GMT 2001

Tony Jago wrote:

>  David, I believe I had the locking and other .tdb files linked into
>  /var/run. Is locking in a tmpfs going to cause any problems? Also, we are
>  using vxfs as well. Any knowen issues?

	tmpfs is mildly odd: I'd try putting them in a non-tmpfs
	directory in var.  I've never put samba temporaries in
	non-ufs directories, as the wins files should be preserved
	between executions, and a reboot would clean them out...

	HEY!!! just a sec, you said
		fcntl(13, F_SETLKW, 0xFFBEF218)   = 0
		fcntl(13, F_SETLKW, 0xFFBEF218)   = 0

	That's a success indication: Samba is looping on success,
	not failure (-1).

	Do a pstack the next time and mail it to the list, this
	shouldn't be happening!

--dave
Performance & Engineering Team | some people and astonish the rest.
Americas Customer Engineering  |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | davecb at canada.sun.com