File corruption again

Dmitry Melekhov dm at belkam.com
Wed May 30 17:37:29 GMT 2001

Hello!

Sorry, I found you message only in archive, I deleted it without read.
As I wrote before 2.2CVS don't works for me- it fail to copy big files
( may be it do it too slow, I don't know). But I can't understand why
there are no people with such problem here? And why developers
don't do any work to fix this problem? May be ity exists only in some
configurations? I copy files from w2k server running in vmware on the same
linux host (RH 6.2 with kernel 2.4.4), may be this helps reproduce problem?

Wire connection and Windows reinstallation senior engineer
Dmitry Melekhov
http://www.belkam.com/~dm
2:5050/11.23 at fidonet

Finally I found a way to trigger my problem independent of the log
level.
I think I spotted the place, where the file corruption comes from.
It's in reply.c/reply_write_and_X()

I am copying a 8628 bytes file to the Samba share:
smb_doff= 63, smblen=8691, numtowrite=401844
This triggers the ERRbadmem error and the created file is empty.

Copying it a second time yields:
smb_doff= 63, smblen=8691, numtowrite=8628
No error and the created file is valid.