Procedure Number out of Range

Michael Krauss mk at mkd-gmbh.de
Tue May 29 21:34:51 GMT 2001

Hi !

I had this problem, too. It really looks like that noone else than the
root account can be used to modify the computer account in the domain.
I think this is for security reasosns cause noone else but root should
be able to modify the smbpasswd file.
I even tried a user account that is a member of the domain admin group
with no luck.
I think there are two points that should be adressed:
1. there is no documentation stating that only root can be used to join
   a samba domain
2. the error-message is somewhat missleading for normal users

Thanks,
	Michael Krauß