attn: DCB - reproducing Solaris ACL bug...

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Fri May 25 15:06:01 GMT 2001

On Thu, 24 May 2001, Michael Davidson wrote:

> I saw your messages about the problems with default ACLs under
> Solaris, and I constructed a test case similar to the one that you
> gave just to see if the same problem existed on UnixWare and, just
> like you, the test case works :-(

I found it.   It is not a Solaris bug.  Looks like this one belongs to
us. :-(  The second set_canon_ace_list() call in set-nt_acl()
( the one used to set the directory default settings) is overwriting
the default acl for the named group.  The reason is the only default
values used by the dir_ace_list are the ones set to ensure it is a valid
acl.  All previous default ace's for the directory are ignored.

I'm still working on this, but at least we know what is going one now....

CHeers, jerry